F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives 2010s >> 2017 Forecast Lounge

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
cieldumortModerator

Reged: Mon
Loc: Austin, Tx
HURRICANE Maria Lounge
      #98904 - Wed Sep 13 2017 11:52 PM

A vigorous wave now in the central-eastern Tropical Atlantic roughly 650 miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands at the time of this post is showing some initial signs of organization, with deep convection curling in towards a broad center.

As of the 8:00PM Sep 13 NHC Tropical Weather Outlook, this disturbance was given a 30% chance of development within 5 days, and this may be conservative.

Movement is generally westward at around 15mph.

This wave has been Invest tagged, 96L, and the title has been updated.

Maria is now a hurricane and the title has been updated. - Ciel

Edited by cieldumort (Sun Sep 17 2017 05:21 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged: Sun
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: 96L Lounge [Re: cieldumort]
      #98914 - Fri Sep 15 2017 04:59 AM

The long range GFS 0z this morning has this as a Hurricane over the Eastern Caribbean islands Tuesday morning, Over Puerto Rico Wednesday night, then Long Island/Rhode Island late on Tuesday, Sept 26th. (after the same area is hit by Jose on sept 20)

0z Euro takes it over the Eastern Caribbean islands late Monday as a TS or cat 1 hurricane, then over the Dominican Republic as a hurricane next Friday, then through the eastern Bahamas late that night, moving north east of the US at the end of the run.

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Re: 96L Lounge [Re: MikeC]
      #98920 - Fri Sep 15 2017 08:20 AM

6z GFS, cat 1 hurricane between Martinique and St. Lucia Tuesday morning.
Over Hispaniola Friday, then moves north staying east of the Bahamas

Cat 3/4 landfall just north of Savannah GA on Monday the 25th.

ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Reged: Tue
Loc: Valladolid,Mx
      #98921 - Fri Sep 15 2017 09:45 AM

The GOM,Florida,you just know the east coast is next.

--------------------

Survived: 10 hurricanes in Rhode Island,Florida and the Yucatan of Mexico .

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Re: 96L Lounge [Re: ftlaudbob]
      #98924 - Fri Sep 15 2017 12:10 PM

12Z GFS Cat 2 hit on Martinique this go around late Monday night, clips eastern tip of the Dominican Republic Thursday (cat 3), east side over western tip of PR, then moves east of the Bahamas to near where Jose is at right now on Sep 24th, bends back to the west on sept 25th. Cat 3 landfall near Wilmington, NC late night on the 25th.

Bonus storm on the GFS in the Gulf on Sep 28th with a Cat 2 landfall north of Tampa.

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

#98926 - Fri Sep 15 2017 02:33 PM

12Z euro for 96L, lanfall near Dominica or Guadeloupe Tuesday morning, near PR Wed-Thursday (Northeast Eyewall clips PR), then moving toward Dominican republic. Then moves NNW just east of the Bahamas. Jose moving south, and TD#14 way to the east, very odd setup. Final frame 96L kicks Jose into Massachusetts on Sep 25th.

BloodstarModerator

Loc: Tucson, AZ
      #98929 - Fri Sep 15 2017 04:06 PM

My thought on the 12Z Euro? Odd is an unsderstatment. If it validates, people will go nuts from the uncertainty

--------------------
M. S. Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Georgia Tech - May 2020
Brookhaven National Laboratory
U. Arizona PhD Student

doug
Weather Analyst

Loc: parrish,fl
      #98930 - Fri Sep 15 2017 04:40 PM

Re:bonus storm the very thought is nauseating. Emily and Irma are enough for one year

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
Re: 96L Lounge [Re: Bloodstar]
      #98931 - Fri Sep 15 2017 05:34 PM

Here in Brevard County I`m watching 96L with a microscope. Lee coming up ? We got spanked here.

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

#98932 - Sat Sep 16 2017 12:54 AM

0z GFS no longer has the bonus storm, but takes 96L as a cat 3 into Jacksonville on Sep 25th, after moving through Hispaniola.

doug
Weather Analyst

#98933 - Sat Sep 16 2017 08:15 AM

Re: bonus storm. That is good news. Let's hope the GFS is overreaching on 96L as well. We would not want its record this year to begin to improve now.

--------------------
doug

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

#98934 - Sat Sep 16 2017 08:57 AM

0z euro shows 96l as a cat 1 over Puerto Rico thursday, then just east of the Turks and Caicos late Friday night, then ends the run as a Cat 3 approaching Morehead City, NC.

6Z GFS has it over Hispaniola Friday morning, over the Turks and Caicos Friday night, Cat 3 landfall near Charleston, SC on Late Monday the 25th, then exits over Deleware Tuesday (26th) afternoon then another landfall in Long Island the morning of Sept 26th.

Keith B
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: FL, Orange County
      #98935 - Sat Sep 16 2017 10:57 AM

NHC will initiate advisories at 11 AM AST on Potential Tropical Cyclone Fifteen, currently located east of the Lesser Antilles.

--------------------
Keith Boyer N4TRN
Orange County ARES
Asst. Emerg. Coord. (AEC) Skywarn Orange County, FL
http://www.ocares.org/

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

#98936 - Sat Sep 16 2017 11:52 AM

12Z GFS Running takes it over Guadeloupe /Dominica Tuesday morning. Clips or direct landfall on southwestern Puerto Rico and the clips Eastern Dominican Republic, then goes over the Turks and Caicos on Friday Then a cat 3 landfall near Morehead City, NC on the Evening of Sept 26th, it then stays generally inland for the next 2 days after it, probably causing a lot of flooding.

CMC Has landfalls in Guadeloupe, Haiti, Cuba, South Florida, and Alabama. But keeps it a Tropical Storm after Haiti.

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

#98939 - Sat Sep 16 2017 05:59 PM

18Z for Maria: Seems to be starting out too far north from the get go.

Over Guadalope, cat 2 hurricane Tuesday morning. IOver St. Kits Cat 2/3 Late Tuesday night. Over St. Croix Wednesday morning, cat 3. Over Vieques later that morning, Landfall southeast Puerto Rico midday Wednesday, Cat 3. Exiting NW Puero Rico as a cat to Thursday morning. Clips the eastern tip of the Dominican Republic later thursday morning, then stays north of the island. Cat 3 over Turks and Caicos Friday night. It then moves north and is east of NC on Sep 26, a god deal east, with Jose still around to its east, the GFS gets a bit weird past the Bahamas, so not sure if it should even be taken seriously. No other landfalls.

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

#98943 - Sun Sep 17 2017 04:40 AM

Overnight 0z runs (looking for trends, not exact track)

0z ECMWF: landfall near Dominica late tomorrow night, stays just south of PR Wednesday, over the Eastern Part of the Dominican Republic Thursday, over the Turks and Caicos and Eastern Bahamas next Sunday and the following Monday, Cat 3. Cat 3 landfall near Wilmington, NC Late on Sep 26th.

0z GFS Guadalope landfall Tuesday morning, cat 1/2 hurricane, Virgin Islands Wednesday morning Cat 2/3. veers barely north of Puerto RIoc, over Turks and Caicos Friday midday, cate 3, then stays away from the US, but hits Newfoundland in Canada on Sep 28th. The model is struggling with Jose still around.

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
      #98944 - Sun Sep 17 2017 11:42 AM

Maria has really got my interest today. The system has a little more of a westerly movement than a north movement. If this continues, by tomorrow the cone should shift a little more to the left. I was wondering what weather system out there that would possibly steer Maria away from the US and Florida east coast. Does Jose have a bit of a influence on Maria ? I`m going to be watching Maria real close it looks like the rest of next week and in to the weekend. We don`t need any more tropical weather events here in Brevard County, not to mention the rest of the state.

doug
Weather Analyst

Re: 96L Lounge [Re: B.C.Francis]
      #98945 - Sun Sep 17 2017 01:01 PM

The discussion I heard today was if Jose is still lingering around the mid Atlantic coast in three days then Maria will move east of the coast. But if Jose is off Newfoundland the the Atlanic High has reasserted itself and Maria will be forced west. This from met at Fox 13 Tampa

--------------------
doug

Edited by doug (Sun Sep 17 2017 01:02 PM)

Keith B
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: FL, Orange County
      #98947 - Sun Sep 17 2017 05:30 PM

CMC, 9/17 @ 12Z. Shows a low that appears to be crossing Central America and developing in the Gulf of Honduras, on 9/25. Moves North towards the southeast GOM and then south of Tampa on 9/27. Wow, hyper overactive season.

I would like to see other models show the same pattern to support this.

--------------------
Keith Boyer N4TRN
Orange County ARES
Asst. Emerg. Coord. (AEC) Skywarn Orange County, FL
http://www.ocares.org/

TPuppy

Loc:
Re: 96L Lounge [Re: Keith B]
      #98948 - Sun Sep 17 2017 08:49 PM

Where can I find the CMC that shows this potential issue?

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 37 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 79650

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center