Current Radar or Satellite Image - Central Florida Hurricane CenterHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Intensifying #99L heading towards Nova Scotia. Flood Warnings up there for the weekend.
# of days since last Hurricane Landfall - US: Any 14 (Matthew) , Major: 4016 (10 y 11 m) (Wilma) Florida - Any: 14 (Hermine) Major: 4016 (10 y 11 m) (Wilma)
Login to remove ads

Archives >> 2006 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Port Saint Lucie FL 27.20N 80.30W
95L [Re: ElizabethH]
      #74188 - Sat Nov 25 2006 12:53 PM

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Weather Master

Reged: Thu
Loc: Palm Coast, Florida 29.55N 81.20W
Re: Still Quiet [Re: ElizabethH]
      #74189 - Sat Nov 25 2006 03:45 PM

95L is looking better late this afternoon. Convection is firing up but the question is.. will it loose it again?
The models have a due westward movement so it is deff. not a threat to the USA unless something amazing like Wilma happens. NOT saying it is gonna happen but Wilma surprised us all. Anyways.. I really think it should of been tagged days ago. We've been tracking this for 2 weeks now, will see what comes out of this "Hurricanes seasons last hurrah!"

Edited by allan (Sat Nov 25 2006 03:46 PM)

Reged: Mon
Loc: Austin, Tx 30.40N 97.80W
Re: Still Quiet [Re: allan]
      #74191 - Sun Nov 26 2006 12:37 PM

95L is now an open wave, with absolutely no circulation at the surface, and probably none aloft, either. While it looked like it was almost there on at least two occasions during the past week, now it seems that they are keeping the tag up simply out of respect for it having formed at the end of the season.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 24514

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center