After some serious soul searching I've decide to ride out the storm in Biloxi... wife has evacuated to the MS Power Plant to support work operations as well as ride the storm out...
I feel very confident that I will remain on the west side of the storm, which was so critical to me, and I really like the fact that the NHC is real confident on the Mobile scenario, as well as Biloxi is on the far extreme on the west side of the cone right now... as Phil said, this could be the worst disaster in Mobile history... Fredrick was bad, this has the potential to be worse... Fredrick was not that bad for us in BIloxi... bad, but not that bad...
If for any reason he shifts more to the left, and gets close to 88.5 longitiude, I'll leave my house and go to my neighbors RV dealership on Hwy 49 near I-10.... will monitor this very closely for sure
Leaving ones home is a tough decision as I'm sure you all know... I think my decision is sound..... and well thought out... I'll try to post conditions in Biloxi, but that will be limited to how long I have access to my hard line... do have about 10 hours of laptap battery capability... I have never been more prepared for a hurricane in my life... and I can thank the members of this board for contributing to my readiness...
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 33168
Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well.
Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center