Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center : Hurricanes Without the Hype since 1995


Atlantic Basin Is Quiet.
Number of days since last Hurricane Landfall in US: 143 (Arthur) , in Florida: 3317 (9 y 0 m) (Wilma)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

 


Archives >> 2011 Forecast Lounge

MikeCAdministrator
Admin


Reged: Sun
Posts: 2969
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Katia Forecast Lounge
      Tue Aug 30 2011 06:05 PM

Raw odds wise it has about a 45% chance of landfall isomewhere, and 55% chance for recurve today. (Source) For the us chances for landfall are about 23% , and 77% recurve.

From looking at the overall situation though, I have to agree with the odds. Katia will likely stay well north of the eastern Caribbean on Sunday. I find plenty that would keep it north and not so much that wouldn't. And the only land threat with a reasonable odds right now is probably Bermuda or extreme eastern Canada late next week.

The system in the northwest Caribbean is a lot more interesting.



Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator


Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Katia Forecast Lounge doug Tue Aug 30 2011 06:05 PM
. * * Re: TD12 Forecast Lounge Ed DunhamAdministrator   Mon Aug 29 2011 08:57 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge M.A.   Tue Aug 30 2011 07:31 AM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge WeatherNut   Tue Aug 30 2011 04:34 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge Joeyfl   Tue Aug 30 2011 06:03 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge MikeCAdministrator   Tue Aug 30 2011 06:05 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge saltysenior   Tue Aug 30 2011 09:39 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge Juanjo   Wed Aug 31 2011 05:43 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge Ed DunhamAdministrator   Wed Aug 31 2011 06:15 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge Evan Johnson   Thu Sep 01 2011 09:48 AM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge Ed DunhamAdministrator   Thu Sep 01 2011 12:12 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge Primo   Fri Sep 02 2011 01:34 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge MichaelA   Fri Sep 02 2011 02:43 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge cjzydeco   Sat Sep 03 2011 05:52 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge LoisCane   Sat Sep 03 2011 09:57 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge WeatherNut   Sun Sep 04 2011 10:59 AM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge MichaelA   Sun Sep 04 2011 01:14 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge doug   Fri Sep 02 2011 09:08 AM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge MichaelA   Fri Sep 02 2011 10:01 AM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge Juanjo   Wed Aug 31 2011 06:47 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge TXEB   Tue Aug 30 2011 08:11 PM
. * * Re: Katia Forecast Lounge MichaelA   Tue Aug 30 2011 09:34 AM
. * * Re: 92L forecast lounge Ed DunhamAdministrator   Sun Aug 28 2011 01:23 PM
. * * Re: 92L forecast lounge weathernet   Sun Aug 28 2011 01:44 PM
. * * Re: 92L forecast lounge Ed DunhamAdministrator   Sun Aug 28 2011 02:22 PM
. * * Re: 92L forecast lounge weathernet   Sun Aug 28 2011 08:26 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 



Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 14601

Rate this thread

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center