Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Sat Jul 31 2004 12:22 AM
Gems From Today

A few jewels gleaned from todays posts. The names have been omitted to protect the guilty:

Question:
Can I post a cool picture of Hur. Isabelle on here?
Answer:
You can, but we you have to be registered user to upload (I wonder which one has to be registered???)

Oh yeah, this is a WEATHER forum. (REALLY!!! - Lately I never would have guessed)

since it says that the recon will determine if a tropical or subtropical depression has formed, does this mean that it is very likely that the system will be classified? (??? - what is the classification if they determine that neither has formed?)

I'll say we have a TD by this afternoon. (Smart forecast - he didn't say where)

talk about oozy systems (isn't that a semi-automatic weapon?)

Still curious about the gathering of convection and moisture south and over Western Cuba, which seems to have a life of its own?
(I think that Cuba has been that way for years)

The AVN tries to put twins out there within a week..... (Naw, I'm not even going to go there)

NHC has lost some credibility with me (I guess that means that they must have had some. How is YOUR credibility with NHC? Mine is good!)

moving slowly under a large upper level ridge in bath Gulf waters always bears watching (Hmmm - a peeping Investite)

All in fun.
Cheers,
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center