LI Phil
(User)
Wed Aug 04 2004 01:01 AM
Re: Gems From Today

Ed, that was beautiful...let me add some from August 3, 2004 (including some of my own...wouldn't be fair to leave them out)

Names will be kept private to protect the guilty:

"Does this mean it's 2 for Tuesday? Cat 2 and TD2."
>That's just plain funny.

"I am declaring TD2 a fish except for the northern antilles. Stick a hook in it...its off to the hurricane graveyard.

(On the other hand, i declare that Anonymous declarations without explanations are probably about as reliable as some of the models )
ED"
>ED beat me to this one

"I see the track forecast puts Alex as a 50kt storm in your area in 2 days."
>Referring to TD2...unless Alex were to make a 270 degree "about face" and really die down, I think Luis is safe from Alex (hitting PR).

"the GFDL brings 92L to a tropical storm in 36 hours"
>Varmint's first post on 92L

"I just can bite on all the models forecast of 91L thru the N part of the islands yet"
>Huh?

"the position advisories seem to be comming in every hour"
>Just an example of the HanKFranK school of spelling

"it was an actual advisory. the next one come at 3pm instead of 2.
>Daylight come an me won go home

"Also....what is the purpose of showing an 11 hour old quiksat?"
>Think it was the link, not the source

"according to the 4pm position, Alex is at 745.8 longitude "
>where is that, on the moon?

"The best example of this is a 1000mb estimate of Isabel's central pressure last year by the GFS/AVN when it was a Cat 5 hurricane."
>And what does GFS stand for?

"Don't believe everything you read Rabbit...there is no such thing as 745.8 Longitude....74.58° maybe??"
>Post speaks for itself

"Well, I was wrong on TD2 being Bonnie at 5:00"
>called contrition

"forgot to log in for that post
get kicked off any time i leave the site "
>we can make that happen

"An example of one storm in August that didn't turn north and came from the same neighborhood about this time of year was Andrew in '92."
>let's hope not

"Hatteras now looks like it is just sticking out into the eye:-"
>Didn't know geography moved

"i've been there all morning but cant get the hirt update."
>Big hurt

"She will develop. She is not Debby, Debbie or Debra.. she isn't a fish and she isn't a duck."
>Just cuz

"look at the time on the TD2 Scatterometer
There is no closed low, but this is also from 11 hours ago"
>Um, why?

"Also....what is the purpose of showing an 11 hour old quiksat?"
>See above

"This will likely be downgraded to a wave when the recon plane gets there tomorrow and finds a sharp wave. I'll give it another 18 hours at best"
>Anyone agree?

"Think it could go both ways"
>Sorry, couldn't resist

"varmint is already calling for it's quick demise (says it's already dead even), but i think it has other plans."
>Amen, HF

Cheers, all, all in good fun!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center