Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Sep 22 2005 01:20 PM
Re: Hurricanes Are Necessary

Wow...interesting conversation I have stumbled across. Manipulating weather, and what not. I was a young lad living in Miami, FL. when I remember a silver oxide cloud seeding project being done up in central FL. Can't remember the results though.

Whatever the cause of the increase in tropical storm frequency and/or intensity, we really should leave them alone. We wanted to raise cattle in the plains, so we eliminated the coyote...bad idea. So we want to live by the sea. And now we want to engineer the weather to our liking? Not a good idea.

Mr. Anderson said it best, "You (meaning man) are a virus."
But we are a smart virus. Can we be smart enough NOT to destroy that which supports our very existance? We'll see, eh?

Leave the weather alone. Move away from the coast if you can't handle the storms. Clean up our polution output as best we can. And hope the earth is not just on a purging cycle trying to shake off the virii that has infected her.

Peace.
Keith

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center