Chris Bryant
(Verified CFHC User)
Thu Sep 22 2005 04:08 PM
Re: One way to curb/slow these hurricanes is this idea..

While I am reasonably certain the NCC-1701 Enterprise could generate enough power to cool the GOM , I do wonder what a few million barrels of Gulf Crude floating on the water might do.. then I also worry that we might find out .

A bit of editorializing- I feel our options are going to be to simply abandon near oceanfront property- harden that which we cannot let go back to nature. Last year here in Florida, the area which didn't have any "beach erosion" was the Canaveral National Seashore- the storms actually replenished the dunes, as the wave were allowed to simply wash over unimpeded.
If these past 2 years are a taste of decades to come....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center