HanKFranK
(User)
Tue Nov 16 2004 04:52 AM
short sight?

keith, spike.. opening a rather big can of worms there. i know the day after tomorrow must have really impressed y'all, but there isn't a whole lot of empirical evidence to be had that we're going to have a 'mini ice-age' this winter. this stuff does belong in another forum, for one.. but i'll indulge at least a little.. nothing you've seen this year hasn't happened before. just because it's 2004 and we can more accurately monitor and detect weather events.. and record more storms.. doesn't mean that there's been an empirical change of any sort.
short of a large scale change in solar output, a global-scale asteroid event, or some kind of rampant volcanism.. i don't see that the minor addition to the world's CO2 level that people make is a really huge deal. the world's climate and global circulation can exist in a variety of different stability regimes.. just because the one we've had the last couple of centuries is what we're used to doesn't mean it's something that can't or won't ever change.
HF 0439z16november

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center