Spoken
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Aug 04 2005 09:00 PM
Re: A New Forum

Thanks, Ed! For the past couple of days I've noticed at least one 'micro-cyclone' form just south and perhaps a little west of the Head of Passes - and then stealthily head towards Shreveport, Louisiana, rapidly dissipating over land. I'm guessing that what currently seems to be forming south the Delta is going to be doing pretty much the same thing (if slightly more obviously this time around).

Anyway, I'm also guessing that virtually all factors relevant to the formation of similar weather in the same general location (even if only temporarily) are already detectable by modern science. In a nutshell, I'm hoping that the NOAA, NWS, NHC, and friends would someday be providing 'cartoons' tracking that sort of activity too - in addition to their wonderful 'cartoons' featuring IR, WV, etc. And thanks again!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center