native
(Weather Guru)
Thu May 11 2006 08:52 PM
Re: GFS Run

Hunter....God, I hope that pans out...(for rain sake only) my legs are killing me from two straight weeks of rain dancing...to no avail!

I only hope that if we do get some desparately needed rain, it comes in buckets and without lightning...we don't need anymore fires.

Funny story real quick: 3 days ago I wake up, go to the laundry room to get something, step in water and hear dripping...look up see water coming in through the ceiling leaking on top of the water heater. Go up into attic (I can walk upright in it...I'm only 5'1") to sluth out the source of the problem but can't seem to find where in hell all the water's coming from. Call plumber (who's local, Deerfield/Ft. Laud) who....are you ready? Asks me if my roof is leaking!? After I picked myself and my jaw up off the floor and regained my composure, I asked..."are you serious? Do you not live where I do? Oh, you do? Then maybe you've noticed (or apparently not) that we haven't had ANY *&*#(E) rain in like weeks you genious! How is my roof leaking! To which he says, I can be there today...I tell him that I'm not real keen on his powers of perception and therefore not real comfortable with his skills in general and that I'll call someone else.

Can you believe? Is your roof leaking?....that was a good one!

Thank god he's not a met!!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center