Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Aug 31 2005 08:11 PM
Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms

i am sorry it has taken so long to post this! my sister-in-law managed very quickly to use a national gaurd satellite phone yesterday to tell us where they were. one of her family members managed to make it to ocean springs this morning to get them out of there. the reports from him are heart wrenching! he said the place is in shambles, total devestation. the normal 5 hours trip took him 10 1/2 hours. i was just down there last week visiting them, we left to drive back to mass. on saturday and now i see pictures of places i was just at that are totaly destroyed or not even there any more. i can not even put into words how devestated i am. reports from my brother are that his house is not even there anymore. everything they have is gone. my heart goes out to everyone down there and i am praying so hard that all of you hear from your loved ones and that they are all okay.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center