Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 01 2005 07:07 AM
Re: Conditions in Mobile, AL?

Quote:

We're from PA. My 18 year old son was to start a new job working for a general contractor next week, but the boss's secretary called and told him they're leaving tomorrow for Mobile. He has no idea exactly what they're supposed to be doing there. I'm concerned about letting him go. What is the situation in Mobile?

My heart goes out to all of you who have suffered losses from this terrible devastation. My prayers are with you.

Excellent. They have power, stores are open, and anyone who can get there from Jackson County and has some cash has been over there to get supplies.

The storm didn't hit all of Mobile hard, just part of it, so a lot of places in northern Mobile County had very minimal effects. Even Fairhope, right on the other side of Mobile Bay, did not have very much in the way of flooding or wind damage.

However in Jackson County MS which is right next door it is basically a disaster situation.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center