Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 01 2005 07:20 AM
Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms

Quote:

My sister lives on Jackson Avenue in Ocean Springs. I heard there were only 3 houses standing (one was hers) and I do not have further info about the condition of those homes or anything Ocean Springs. I live in California, so if anyone has additional info it would be greatly appreciated. My sister evacuated to Arkansas.

I heard most everything south of the railroad tracks, gone. That is hard for me to think about. I loved that part of Ocean Springs.

Here are satellite photos of the damage. They were taken after 1) water subsided, 2) cleanup on a lot of the streets to make them passable. Also just because you can see a roof doesn't mean that the house is undamaged; it could have been damaged from wind or it could have been submerged in water.

Use this in conjunction with mapquest to try to find the location you are looking for.

The little squares aren't really in the right place. You have to hunt and peck to find the right photos. Then, once the picture comes up, place your cursor over it, and then go to the box with arrows in the lower RH side and click on it to zoom in.

http://alt.ngs.noaa.gov/katrina/088M30D_KATRINA.HTM

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center