AmateurJohn
(Weather Watcher)
Thu Sep 01 2005 03:31 PM
Re: Katrina Domino Effect

Reporting in from Lake Placid, FL. Just got in from running a few errands. One of the benefits of living in a small town is that just about everything can be done within walking distance of a central point in town.

Gas prices at the 3 stations I passed were 2.759/gal. at the Citgo on CR 621, 2.819/gal. at the Gate on US 27, and 2.899/gal. at the Shell on 27. All prices are for unleaded regular. There were no significant lines at any of the 3 stations. I didn't go into them, so I can't say if all grades were available. There was a tanker truck at the Gate station when I drove by. I assume it was there with a delivery. Prices at all 3 yesterday morning were right around 2.659/gal.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center