CoalCracker
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Sep 04 2005 08:17 PM
Re: FEMA still not in Jackson County!

There's no doubt that if it weren't for relief taken by local grass roots organizations, particularly church groups in the areas to the north and east of Mississippi and Alabama, folks would be hurting much more than they are. Seems to me that the federal and state governmental agencies established to help collapsed under a combination of shock, indecision, and bureaucratic red tape. Lesson I've learned is DON"T depend on the government for assistance in a disaster because it may not be there in a timely manner. I'll be augmenting my hurricane/disaster preparedness supplies to include MREs and a few other items I couldn't have dreamed I'd be purchasing a week ago.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center