Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Sep 15 2003 08:52 PM
Re: Very Strange!

<<Why does the storm look so ragged in the last 12 hours?>>

How many intense storms over history that have taken this path, have maintained their Cat. 3+ status? To me, this seems very normal, for a storm that turned north at this location. Floyd also weakened considerably after it made that north turn, as have many other hurricanes.

I'm just kind of annoyed that some people are going to think that Cat. 2 Isabel is anywhere near Cat. 5 Isabel, in terms of destructive capability. For crying out loud, there are Seminole chickee huts that can withstand a Cat. 2. I was in Pinecrest for Andrew. Unless I lived very close to some body of water, I certainly wouldn't worry about Isabel in her weakened state. Yet if it approaches the Mid-Atlantic, the mass media is going to play the typical ratings/scare game, even if it's down to a 75mph hurricane by then.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center