LI Phil
(User)
Wed Jan 14 2004 09:33 PM
Re: SUPER BOWL PREDICTIONS

Three outa four aint bad. And I came pretty close on the scores. First the bad:

Carolina at St. Louis. Carolina wins 29-23 in double OT. Great game. This one threw me as I was SURE the Lambs were gonna wipe up the floor. Methinks Carolina is a better team than most people thought. Good, punishing D; they even did OK w/out Stephen Davis.

The good:

I predicted Philly would beat GB by a field goal, and I was right. I just didn't think they'd do it in OT, after the Packers D gave up a fourth & 26. That's horrible. Then Farve's pickoff? Wasup wit dat? Nice pass. Game over.

Thought KC would lose to Indy by a TD and I was right. Just off on the score. Not too shabby.

Finally, I said NE would beat the Titans by 7 and they won by a field goal. Still, not too shabby.

Now, on to Championship Weekend Picks.

Carolina at Philly: Gotta pick Philly, here. They're due (3rd straight championship appearance) and Carolina's GOTTA be out of steam, yes? And Davis is still hurt. Gonna be a low scoring game, as Carolina's D is pretty damn good and Philly's aint too shabby either. Best CBs in the game. The pick? Philly 17, Panthers 13.

I said whomever won the New England/Tennessee game would go all the way. I still think that way, but Peyton's Colts are now an offensive juggernaut. However, New England's D is downright scary and it will be cold. Should be a helluva game, though. The pick? New England 18 Indy 14.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center