Jamiewx
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jun 05 2004 01:17 AM
Re: Strong storms developing over the FL Peninsula

(The above radar image has been constantly updating, and things have quieted now from a few hours ago with the loss of daytime heating)

Thanks guys, yes its been a pretty active afternoon here in Lake County as well. My weather radio has been going crazy with warnings. Did get a couple tornado warnings by radio too, as Brevard County is not covered by the Orlando NWR transmitter. Looks like there might be a chance for Severe Storms again tomorrow, but not as widespread as they were today. Also that negative strike must have really shook the house, did you loose power? I'd like to find a picture of that type of a strike occuring, a picture that shows it orginating from the anvil and how skys can be nice and blue where the lightning hits. It helps me in explaining it to people and gives them a visual image. But when there is not too much Tropical Activity I like to turn to afternoon thunderstorms. Spike, you should see about getting a portable Weather Radio, you get the warnings first, it was funny because i would get the warning by weather radio and then hear it about 3 mins later on the regular radio station. They are a great way to stay informed, and to get updates on the status of a warning. Also Ed, How can you find the height of cloud tops, not that i usually look, but i would be nice to know.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center