LI Phil
(User)
Wed Oct 13 2004 11:14 PM
Re: Rain

I'll do you one better...

Last winter wasn't too bad, but my sadistic newspaper man (probably because I paid the company directly, so he got no tips ) used to love to wing the paper INTO & UNDERNEATH the freshly fallen snow. One time, literally, I found three papers three weeks later when the snow melted...bastid.

Actually, I think there's some kind of "evildoer" school newspaper delivery persons must attend before they can make their rounds..."Aim for the largest puddle 101", "Try to hit the dog, if he's tied up," and, "always hand deliver the paper on payday" are required courses; options include "Bonus Points for roof delivery", and "Slingshots will break windows".

Also, my particular newspaper deliverer used to ALWAYS put 17-18 of the same "Macy*s" circular (or similar tome) in my Sunday paper. Coupons, however, almost never made it.

Even in the winter, if the paper didn't get buried, he always put it as far away from any shoveled path as possible, requiring a full winter gear get up just to pick up the paper...unlike Don Tony Soprano in his bathrobe & slippers.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center