LI Phil
(User)
Mon Nov 01 2004 09:32 PM
Re: GWB,JFK's Stance on Environment

Keith,

(pssst...let me let you in on a little secret...they're already drilling for oil in Alaska...even have a pipeline and everything). Skeet's right, the only way to reduce dependence on foreign oil is to find more here. Of course, the simplest solution is to continue developing our "reusable" resources such as wind, water and solar, and to...gasp...

USE NUCLEAR ENERGY! The makers of nuke plants have basically perfected the technology and new improved safeguards would make even a minor disaster virtually impossible. The failsafe mechanisms will ensure that no one's safety is compromised...but the tree huggers will have no business with that. That's about the one thing France does better than the USA...get rid of oil firing plants to create energy and substitute them with nuclear...or as GWB likes to say "Noo-que-lar".

We've had our global warming debate already this year, before you and skeet signed on...I don't buy it...I certainly don't buy any arguments that because of global warming more hurricanes will strike Florida...but those are politicians for you, they'll say and do anything to get elected.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center