SkeetoBiteAdministrator
(Master of Maps)
Mon Nov 01 2004 09:31 PM
Healthcare

As a small business owner I can say without reservation that the cost of healthcare is out of control. I don't believe we should have a social health system, but we really need some creative solutions brought to the center isle and discussed.

A couple of years ago I had to make a decision; provide healthcare or reinvest the capital in the business for future growth. Fortunately, the tax cut we received allowed us to do both for the past two years. Now everyone has healthcare and our business has doubled in size.

That's a great story, BUT neither party has done much to make sure healthcare is available to all Americans. It's incredibly unfair to blame GWB (4 years in D.C.) for this when it has been a problem all my life. Seems Kerry (20+ years in D.C.) has been in Washington longer, along with Kennedy (30+ years in D.C.), and has had time to address this issue. It's a sad day in politics when the only time a seasoned politician focuses on what we need most is when he or she is pointing out what is wrong and then pointing out who to blame it on. Tsk... Tsk.

While we're at it, how is it even possible for one man and his Administration to destroy the U.S. economy in just 4 years. A cursory review of the past 4 years reveals corporate scandal (clearly GWB's fault), the attack on 9/11 (let's blame that on him too!), a shallow recession was already underway when GWB took office, (but let's hang that around his neck also). Not possible. The President doesn't create jobs. Neither does Congress. These two branches of our government are charged with creating and protecting an environment in which free markets of commerce can thrive and you and I can find gainful employment. I'm not an apologist for the mistakes of this Administration and yes President Bush has angered me at times, but to blame the sitting president for your lot in life seems unfair and uninformed.

Clearly there are countless real issues for the Democrats to go after a sitting Republican President on. Why push such opaque and nebulous issues?

I look forward to meaningful debate and opposing viewpoints.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center