LI Phil
(User)
Tue Nov 02 2004 03:20 AM
Re: Skeet the Marine..and free speech

>>> when the dust has settled and a winner is known, it will be time to put differences aside and work toward the common good of this democracy

Ed, I'm not trying to stir the pot (well, maybe a little), but this country has been divided for the past four years, with a slight respite after 9/11. Democrats feel Republican's "Stole" the election, despite the fact that the after-the-fact count in Florida revealed that GWB did indeed outpoll Gore. GWB did very little to become the "compassionate conservative" he campaigned as. Let's face it...you're either with us or against us...nothing that happens tomorrow will change that.

I don't know the weather, but I do know politics...

Fully one half of the country is going to be "pissed off" Wednesday (or possibly sometime in December when the supreme court determines who won).

I will support whomever is "declared" the winner...I didn't like Clinton, but I defended him to death if I had to.

Just don't expect those issues over which we can freely and willingly grapple over to go away.

We are actually at one of the more greater divisions this nation has ever seen...and unless GWB or JFK wins 52% or above (not likely) and a convincing EC victory (also not likely), both parties are going to bitch about the outcome.

Just as I was quite contrite about the BoSux victory last month, so too will I be about a Kerry win...just don't expect the rest of the nation to be so supportive of an institution as great as the American Presidency...

I think GWB will win, actually fairly handily, but I can accept and will support a JFK victory as well.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center