LI Phil
(User)
Wed Nov 03 2004 12:32 AM
Lets Roll vs. Bring It On!

With the first returns of the night becoming official, Bush has taken the early lead, 34-3. Bush will win Kentucky, Indiana and Georgia, while Kerry will take Vermont. A couple of "swing states" are (duh) still too close to call.

My time online over the next several hours may be limited due to the fact that I have my own race (that of my boss) to worry about...then, of course, are the post election 'festivities' which I am taking part in....

Our reelection headquarters is bereft of phone/cable (boy, the cell phone really did take over, didn't it), although I may be able to steel away for a few minutes to post.

One point to remember, however, is the fact that Florida has some 150,000 absentee ballots not yet counted, and the results of which likely will not be known until Thursday night. Republicans contend they will hold a 2-1 advantage in absentee votes, which, if true, means you must add 100,000 votes to Bush's total...ergo, if Kerry is ahead by less than 100,000 votes after tonight/tomorrow, Bush may win the State...looks like when we arise tomorrow, we may not know who the winner is.

Anyone online, feel free to post your thoughts. Hopefully Skeet will color in the map as the evening progresses, but for now

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/president/

don't forget to hit "refresh"...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center