Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Dec 27 2004 02:16 PM
Hardware for hurricane panels

Day before Christmas I made the plunge and ordered .050 corrugated aluminum hurricane panels to cover each window in my house.

Now my concern/questions is mounting hardware.

Due to concrete sills at the bottom of my window openings (concrete block construction), I will be mounitng the panels directly to the concrete block and horrizontally.

Does nyone have any idea if female panelmate anchors will be ok? I have no idea if the block cells around my windows are filled or not. House is three years old (Lake County). The panelmate may only be imbedded in concrete about 3/4 inch before punching into a possibly open cell.

I do not want the male panelmates do to possibility of injury from the threads protruding from the block - besides it looks ugly.

If I do puch into an open cell would adding epoxy into the hole suffice?

Anyone have any leads on places that sell the panelmates and sidewalk bolts at a decent discount?

Thanks in advance
EGeary
Clermont, Fl

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center