B.C.Francis
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Mar 27 2005 03:41 PM
Re: National Hurricane Conference

I think your right Lysis, it will be scary, but interesting. Being a block off the ocean didn`t bother me cause we have large dunes beachside and I think they would be able to handle a very big storm surge if it happened. It was the large pieces of debris hitting the house that got us a little shook up.While Jeanne was hammering my neighborhood , I went out on my front porch to check out what was happening. The winds were I`d estimate around 90 + out there and were coming from the east south east. From my vantage point it realitivly calm cause I was facing due west and everything was hitting the other side of my house including the wind . It was about 2:30 a.m. and I watched the greenish blue flashes light up the sky for about an hour as the electric transformers exploded over in Melbourne across the river.Then everything went black. It was surreal, but like you say very interesting....Maybe a rerun this year.....I`m gonna be ready with cameras thats for sure ....Weatherchef

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center