B.C.Francis
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Jul 14 2005 03:36 PM
Re: Shuttle Launch Scrubbed

Jetty Park...mmmmmm...You must be talking about the park up in northern Brevard County or the the park at Jupiter Inlet...All I know is when theres a shuttle launch , especiailly during the day, it get very crowded on US 1 near Titusville and on A1A near Cocoa, Merrit Island Area. I myself just walk down to the beach seeing as I just live 20 miles or so south of the launch complex and watch from there. On a good clear day , you can see the Cape and its a ring side seat for all the rocket launches. I`ve been 3 miles away on base and watched one go up and man what an awsome expeirence. Your consumed by the spectacle. The sound is unbelieveable. It seems like the very air around you is vibrating and it probably is. If I where you ,find a nice beach , park your butt in a folding chair with a cooler of your favorite beverage and a radio for launch coverage and sit and enjoy the show . No traffic or big crowds ,plus you can take a swim and get a tan......May this Saturday at the earliest will be the next try.........Weatherchef

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center