Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Fri Jul 15 2005 12:19 AM
Re: Global Warming/Glaciers - For the insomniacs

Antartica is never going to melt because the average temp is like -80 F in the winter and -25 F in the dog days of the summer. It would physically impossible to melt, what they're talking about is pieces breaking due to increased solar radiation.

With the whole global warming theory becoming a bigger issue lately I think i have a feasible solution, bear with me and please tell me if someone else has had this solution so I can give proper credit. One of the main causes for globabl warming is the increased solar radiation due to ozone depeletion, correct? And on a given day roughly one third of the tropics is blanketed with statrocumulus clouds that are too small to precipitate, and just right to reflect light. These clouds are generated from large weather features, but basically from forcing. If we were to have ships flow through the water, and shoot out a high powered salt water mist into the sky it would generate clouds and increase reflectivity. This would ultimately even out the solar budget, and straigthen the climate. Excess c02 could be stored underground in remote regions on the earth, and leave our atmosphere clean as a whistle. That has already been proven and tested.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center