B.C.Francis
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Jul 15 2005 05:47 PM
Re: Global Warming/Glaciers - For the insomniacs

I have no idea what journal it was published in. I was surfing the web looking for information on CO2 "sinks" in the enviroment to better understand how carbon dioxide and methane are absorbed and released into the atmosphere. Thats when I stumbled on this paper. All I was interested in is the relationship of CO2 with plant and animal life. I know plants absorb carbon dioxide as a part of photo synthsis and release oxygen back into atmosphere. This is one of those "sinks" that I was looking for to get more infro. Also I was interested in why plants and trees are starting to move into latitudes that have been tundra for the last few centuries. It seemed to me with abuntant carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, the growth of plant life would increase porportionatly and then also the same for the animals that feed on plants be it on the surface or in the sea. And it seems to be true.........Science is just another one of my passions, especially when it comes to our enviroment.........Weatherchef

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center