B.C.Francis
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jul 16 2005 12:50 PM
Re: Shuttle Launch Scrubbed

Here your watching news about our Shuttle and we`re watching news about the London bombings. Very tragic for you and for the U.K.....Anyway, here`s an update on whats happening here in Florida at the Kenndy Space Center. They say that possibly they can launch this Sunday but don`t count on it. A launch late next week is more likely. The launch window closes on the 31st of July and theres talk about extending it to August 4th or 5th. If they don`t launch by then, the next avaliable window will be from September 9th through the 24th. The delays will with out a doubt push back the launch dates for the Shuttle Atantis in November....There you have it..... In a way I`m kind of glad they scubbed the first launch, cause I`m on a business trip in North Charleston and I`ll be back down in Florida this coming weekend. Maybe they`ll be able to get the sensor problem fixed and I can enjoy the launch from my ring side seat down on my beach. I hope so, its awsome especially if its a nice clear day. If they get it fixed, the only problem left is the weather this time of year. Presently, tropical weather will not be the issue, but afternoon thunder storms might come into play. Its a Florida thing....Weatherchef

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center