(Storm Tracker)
Fri May 11 2007 08:21 PM
Re: Not dead yet?

Quote:

.SUGGESTING THAT THE SYSTEM IS BEGINNING TO ACQUIRE
TROPICAL CHARACTERISTICS. ALTHOUGH UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE
EXPECTED TO REMAIN UNFAVORABLE FOR ANY SIGNIFICANT
DEVELOPMENT...THE SYSTEM IS OVER RELATIVELY WARM WATERS AND IS
BEING MONITORED FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE OF ORGANIZATION.

Interesting!!

EDIT: Now we have a STDS too!

Realistically though, are we really looking at it regenerating enough to become something noteworthy?

I wish she'd turn into a rain maker. Forget the wind, we are DYING for rain! I mean, all day here, I'm not far from the Gulf, it's been OVERCAST, but it's all smoke, not clouds. Weird brown cast to the light, it's miserable. Thank God I can't really smell smoke, but it's SO hazy and overcast. I didn't believe it until I went to the sat images and saw it was smoke and not clouds. You can really see on the GOM visible loop how the smoke is just siphoning down from the GA/ne FL fires.

And we have the fire in the Picayune Strand to the south of us.

It's gonna be a long summer unless we start getting rain soon.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center