bamffl
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Jun 02 2007 10:12 PM
Re: Is it just me?

@audienceofone:

I *absolutely* agree about being prepared for each and every season. Every year we make sure we have everything packed in a big chest. It goes back to my military days and having a deployment bag. Something you can grab and know that everything you need is in it. My problem wasn't with preparedness, rather it was with spinning up every storm as if it would become something it won't. The problem I see with that, IMHO, is that if newer members come on here and stress out at (some) of the alarmist reactions to low-risk storms, they'll eventually get numbed. I think there's huge value in giving the *appropriate* amount of attention and respect to each storm, and I believe that there's an enormous downside to treating every storm as a cat 5. I'm obviously exaggerating a bit, but you get my point.

Anyway, it sounds like we're on the same page. I'm just happy to get some much needed rain.

Cheers!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center