CoconutCandy
(User)
Sun Jun 03 2007 01:40 PM
Re: Is it just me?

>> " ...we already have people talking like there's something big on the horizon."

I've been reading these forums extensively the past week or so, and IMHO, no one, really, that I can see, was "talking like there's something big on the horizon."

A lot of discussion on whether the area of disturbed weather in the SW Caribbean would develop into a tropical or sub-tropical storm. But no one was talking like it was "something big on the horizon". Just alot of excitement and interest that we should have a possibly developing system to watch so early in the season.

>> " ... a bit early in the season for doom and gloom."

And no one, *at all*, was talking 'doom and gloom'. Quite the opposite: Most were saying that this (developing storm situation) could be a very good thing for parched Florida and maybe even put out the fires. Can you quote me a single posting were someone was talking of 'doom and gloom' ??

>> Well reasoned opinions are one thing, but gut feelings and storm-wishing need to go in the Tarot forum."

Per the forum rules:

- Wishcasting and alarmist posts are prohibited. Gut feeling posts without any explanation are not allowed on the news talkbacks, they will be moved to the forecast lounge. Alarmist posts will be graveyarded.

Again, I didn't see anything in the realm of 'Wishcasting", other than wishing Florida gets a good rain.

>> " ... I'd imagine it'd be a daunting task for a newb to get on here and learn not to panic when someone throws out a prediction with nothing to back it up."

Ditto the above forum rules regarding wishcasting and alarmist postings. Besides, there is a very noticable disclaimer at the bottom of each page:

"Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources."

Anyone who reads something 'alarmist' (prohibited) in these posts and goes into a 'panic', without even so much as viewing the local news, or checking NHC's bulletins, etc., is very shallow person, news-wise.

Please don't take this as a personal attack, but what's with your sexist avatar? Is that really appropriate for these forums?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center