audienceofone
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Jun 04 2007 03:24 PM
Re: Is it just me?

I do agree that we're on the same page about being prepared and such. As earlier stated though, this site is filled with weather enthusiasts and hobbyists. People get excited, especially with so much activity so early in the season. Everyone wants to be the first to notice something that nobody else picked up on and forecast the track more accurately. I think this kind of excitement about forecasting and improving our own techniques differs greatly from a doom and gloom approach. I think the mods on the site to a fabulous job of removing material that has no basis or reason. At the very least, they place it in the appropriate forum and anyone browsing those forums is responsible for understanding the content they are subjecting themselves to. I do think that this thread has reminded the mods of the possibility of panic from certain topics though, so thank you for that. Now it's up to the mods to do their part in continuing to keep the content appropriate.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center