GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sat Aug 18 2007 08:47 AM
Critter Report August 18, 2007

Here it is approximately 4:30 am and the entire atmosphere is becoming electrified with the building signals of nature's intense involvement with the oncoming storm. The eye of the storm may never come close enough to Florida to break a sweat over, but the critter reaction since noon yesterday has been incredible. My parakeet has 7 eggs and she is frantically chipping away at the shells to try to pre-hatch her babies. Popkeet is frantically trying to feed momkeet and they together keep turning the eggs at a more and obviously consistent turning. This is a normal bird behavior towards eggs that may soon hatch. But in this particular instance I have never seen the male help my female to turn her eggs before. He is usually standing guard on the perch and shrieking to tell the other phantom threats to stay away. These two little critters are working hard to save their little family from a perceived threat.I believe the impending storm, the previous night when the Peruvian earthquake occurred and also the Utah mining cave in occurred have also effected my little parakeet's sensitivities. By the way, my 6 cats are not leaving my side and are spread around me, tripping me as I walk and putting up with each other's presence even though they usually do not tolerate each other more than a few moments per day. I had to shut the bedroom door last night to keep all six of them from trying to sleep in my bed with me. There is definitely something in the air. The domestic scene is tense. I have not had free time to check out the wildlife scene, except the birds are all coming in from the surrounding oceans in to the middle ground to feed in tremendous clusters. This is bird photographing time if you are of a mind to do so.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center