GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sun Aug 19 2007 02:55 AM
Re: Critter Report August 18, 2007

There have been many atmospheric stimuli in the last 2 -3 days. There was an upper level low that passed through Central Florida during the last 24-48 hours that could have been effecting the crittter's behaviors in combination with the impending hurricane. As the crow flies, the Caribbean is not far from Central Florida since the storm does not have to stop at red lights, nor turn any street corners as a vehicle does. A better comparison would be flyinging in unrestricted airspace. If you have ever been flying in a small airplane, you can see 100's of miles with a glance on a clear day. The same holds true for nature's ability to pick up on danger or change from a great distance. As for whether or not we will be affected by the hurricane in Central Florida area, we already are. The bands of rain or lack of rain will be affecting our atmosphere as long as the Hurricane is one. I know most are speaking about the 3 sisters that came through during 2004(charlie being a female in my book) I don't think we have seen the last of the tricks of Dean but my tropical fish are more calm tonight than they were this morning when I could not distract them from chasing each other by food even though it had been nearly 12 hours since they last had a solid meal****I hope****

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center