jcvitte
(Registered User)
Wed Aug 22 2007 01:44 PM
Re: INTERESTING ARTICLE FROM FOX NEWS

IMO, I take anything broadcast by FOX News with a shaker full of salt. If you watch the "news" reported by them, you can see a real big business bias, and a predudice towards pretty much any govt program that competes with any corporation. Bottom line, tha American public needs to be informed, they should not have to pay for news, or weather. It is their responsiblity, however to be aware, and to pay attention to situations that may affect their lives. What responsible leaders should be doing is encouraging young people to become more educated, supporting programs to promote gifted students, and providing incentives for students to pursue different careers than only those in which the driving force is a large paycheck. While oversite in spending is certainly needed, science related careers are needed more. Govt programs pump money into this economy or should, and there is nothing disgraceful about public service jobs. Yeah, the NWS isn't always the most accurate, thats why I watch this site and others, but when I see a descrepancy between forcasts, I dont' charge anyone for my opinion, and I do alert as many family and friends as I can. And in the end, when it comes to weather, it is really an opinion, isn't it?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center