M.A.
(Weather Guru)
Tue Jul 01 2008 07:55 PM
Re: 'Invest Mongering' Media Ploy / Reality Check

Thank you for the re-direction of this post. I looked it over 3 or 4 times and still couldn't decide where it belonged. I did understand your point about the SSTs being above normal in that area. The convection seems to be fizzling out unlike the previous few waves.

I still stand my ground on this being a media driven invest at this point. Our local paper has been running articles for about a week on Tropical storm development in the upcoming week. I actually have seen 2 elderly couples buying plywood and talking about the "storm". It makes me very angry that the media makes the elderly an uninformed prey. It is just plain wrong. It is almost a terrorist act. These elderly people depend on thier local media to keep them informed. For the media to blow this up to the point that some of them are already buying plywood is haneous.

If this wave gathers itself and becomes a named storm, it has very little chance of making it across the Atlantic. 98% chance that it is a fish spinner.

I cannot remember when such a calamity has brought up about a wave EAST of the Cape Verde islands.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center