BEST Cleaning & Disaster Restoration Services
(Registered User)
Fri Sep 04 2009 02:53 PM
Re: E Caribbean

Hey everyone,

I am new to the board and was simply looking to better educate myself on storms and their forecasting. I have to say the amount of information you all have accumulated here is daunting to say the least. However, since we do the clean-up work on these systems I am very excited to start leaning more about them. I was actually prompted to start researching this more since things have been slow for us this season and we have some down time. I also saw the story about the project Bill gates is funding that has patents on the floating barge systems that pump water from the bottom of the ocean up to cool topside temps. I know it is a bit off topic but do any of you think his idea has merit iven the scope of the undertaking?

I really look forward to learning a ton from you all.

~Pat Scales

(Post moved to appropriate location.)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center