Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Sun Jun 22 2008 12:02 AM
The Dating Game

This contest takes no skill - but it is not that easy either. We've done this in the past when things are quiet in the basin, so lets try it again and give you something to ponder. If you are good with climatology and statistics it might help - but then again it might not. The contest is in two parts:

1. What is your best guess for the date that Tropical Storm Bertha will be named?

2. What is your best guess for the date that the first Hurricane will be assigned, i.e., the date for the first time this season that a Tropical Storm becomes a Hurricane?

I'll use Universal Time (GMT) to determine the dates and I'll close off the contest at the end of the day on July 1st - that gives you up to ten days to develop your answers. Remember, this is just a 'fun' thing, but somebody is going to get lucky. I'll post my 'guesses' when I close out the contest. Give it your best shot - its open to everyone.
Cheers,
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center