Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Jul 18 2008 02:51 AM
Re: Focus on Low off Georgia Coast

I've seen *hints* that 94L is already trying to gain a bit of latittude, but it hasn't quite done it yet.
Once it clears the graveyard, I'll be watching the models a lot more closely, particularly with the latest ones trending MUCH closer to us in the panhandle. Granted, they're still pointing at Texas and Lousiana, but it's the trend that concerns me. Plus, I keep having a bad sense of deja vu regarding the GFS, which several days ago pointing this thing right at Pensacola. Perhaps it knew something? Models will shift every run from now until it develops, and even after that, so anything beyond 24 hours is a guess at this point (until it develops, that is), and anything beyond 3 days is always a WAG... but, it's definately not a goner like some people have been saying!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center