allan
(Weather Master)
Fri Jul 18 2008 02:08 PM
Re: Charleston, SC AM Discussion (Portion)

94L has gotten much better organized and might I point out what scottsvb said earlier that it won't do anything until it reaches 70W or 72W which he was right. It had to get away from South America to organize. Earlier I though a new low was developing to the west of the convection, though it seems I was wrong and the low might be under the heaviest convection. Navy has it located 71W and 13.7N. Models continue to push northward and now put Texas and even Luisiana on the possibility. Still too far out but as 94L slowly starts to organize, we will know more on the track, a Tropical Depression can form at any given time according to the latest discussion from the NHC. Basicaly just needs a closed low and there, you have a TD.

If you are going to discuss model output, put it in the Forecast Lounge. Post moved.)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center