metwannabe
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Aug 13 2008 04:10 AM
Re: 92L Forecast Lounge

Looking at 92L tonight, the path ahead and the models right now. I think this is an either it does or it doesn't type of system, there will be no in between. In other words, if it develops I see nothing in the way of allowing this to become a strong storm (as a scary GFDL shows) or it may never develop at all as some of the other models are showing.

It is a long way out and it still has to actually develop but being in eastern NC, I have seen storms before go into the Bahamas and make that turn to us. The last few frames of the GFDL show a NNW movement and IF, IF, IF there is a Fay at that time, there does not appear to be a high in place to keep it going straight west.

Next Recon will be very important. Either way not too early for all along east coast to start paying attention.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center