Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 17 2008 03:27 AM
Re: Models

Quote:

You can click on each location point, and a little baloon will pop up. There's a little orange button, if you click on it, it will show a line giving the predicted path at that time. For instance, click on the third from the end, the 5pm location and when the ballon comes up, click on the orange button, the predicted path will show up. 8pm and 11pm are well south of it.

Ah, thanks... I never knew you could do that! Neat feature. I'm not sure I agree with you in saying that the predicted path is that far off from what happened, but the storm does appear to be moving somewhat south of the forecast.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center