Tammster
(Registered User)
Tue Aug 19 2008 09:18 PM
Navigating Florida

I am completely unsure of what to do....

I have to be in Orlando at 8am for a pretty important conference & I'll be driving from West Palm Beach. My original plan was to take the turnpike & leave around 6 - 6:30. I was hoping that the eye would pass by the turnpike by then and that the backend wouldn't be so bad to drive through.

My husband is trying to convince me to wait until morning but I'm concerned that the storm (which may be a hurricane in the morning) may turn back toward florida more south than what is now forecast (per the 5pm discussion). It seems like it may be worse weather in the morning up that way than it will be tonite.

What are your thoughts on this??? I keep watching the radar willing the eye to move faster but if anything, the storm seems to be stretching out more.

(sorry if this is not the correct forum for this... feel free to move this if appropriate).

Tammy in West Palm Beach

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center