madmumbler
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Aug 27 2008 11:05 AM
Re: gustav looking strange on loops

I don't like seeing the 11am NHC forecast swing a little back to the east, but it's too soon to tell if this is a temporary trend or not. I nearly got whiplash from Fay's track forecasts. But if I was living in NOLO, I do believe there'd be some gut-tightening going on. This is going to be one of those storms they're going to be bouncing back and forth in terms of long-term for a day or so, at least.

As always, it just goes to show that when you do have a storm like this, NOW is the time to prepare, not waiting until they do know better where it's going to go. There's a good four to six days at least before a severe impact (hopefully) and it bears paying close attention to.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center