gatorman
(Verified CFHC User)
Thu Aug 28 2008 03:50 AM
Re: New Orleans again?!

ok, sorry if this is a little bit of over kill for basicly the same question, but ive been verbally spanked for one liners.. anyways wouldnt sheer from the southwest push the hurricane(gustav) more to the east?? also as someone on here, much more knowledgeable than I, said that the path a hurricane follows is like is like moutains and valleys, moutains are like highs and valleys are low. the hurricane is going to follow the lows(valley) and try to wind around the highs, with this in mind, wouldnt the hurricane(gustav) be more proned to shift eastward with a dome of high pressure building in from the west?? alot of these post are very insightful and a great learning tool, i know it has helped me,, thanks all

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center