metwannabe
(Weather Hobbyist)
Fri Aug 29 2008 11:13 AM
Re: gustav looking strange on loops

One of our local station's mets along with NC State have developed their own weather forecast model, primarily for weather features other than TC. However, it has done remarkably well with TC paths in the past few years. I only mention this because, and again this is not official and not to worry anyone, but this morning their model has Gustav turning nnw to n and coming inland in panhandle of Fl. One thing I have noticed with this model is although it may not always be exact in its projections it does usually hint at the trend and I am thinking that the trend may be now for Gustav to turn more NNW. Still to early and this would be a major shift in track but could be something to watch.

again this is just one scenario, always follow NHC forecast.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center