Terra
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 30 2008 03:23 AM
Re: Gustav Lounge

I do find the direct northwestern forecast to be pretty strange. I'm not used to storms who travel a straight line path, especially when there are so many steering currents at work. My gut is that it will go west of the NHC forecast, because of the ridge, since NHC says they are going more with the eastern outliers of the model guidance. For that reason, I had planned to stay home and ride this one out. However, it kind of stung when my friends reminded me that three years ago, I was also resistant to evacuate, but decided at the last minute to make the drive (thank God). Couple that with the start of manditory evacuations in St. Bernard, Terrebonne, and LaForche parishes this evening, and a pretty reliable rumor that my area will also be asked to leave. Anyway, barring any great change at 4am, I will be headed to Shreveport with the cat and kid. It's better to be safe than sorry, and it's definitely worth a tank of gas to protect your family.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center