Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Aug 30 2008 02:52 PM
Re: Gustav Lounge

I am in Houston, and although the track is still to my East, I am definitely preparing the worst. I know that Gus is supposed to weaken some before landfall, but at the rate he is strengthening now, he could be cat 5 after he leaves Cuba and enters the Gulf. This would still put him at a strong cat 3 or cat 4 at landfall after some slight weakening.

Even though I am inland a little in Houston, if it really is a strong cat 3 or cat 4 I will be boarding up, and I plan on working on getting the wood and stuff together today. I hope others in Houston haven't been deceived by the track if it does turn this way. The mainstream media has done a good job though of expressing the uncertainty of the situation as Gus approaches shore, but they are also playing into the whole Katrina anniversary and focusing on NOLA instead of the locations that it is currently forecast to hit ie...Lake Charles and Lafayette and even Beaumont. It seems they have forgotten how much havoc and even weaker and smaller Rita played on Beamont in 2005 as well.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center